“MyCity” is a new citizen-centric digital platform developed within Salford which aims to transform how public sector services can interact with residents, businesses and stakeholders. The platform is wholly new and soft-launched at the start of 2018. Consequently, The Landing now requires a full-time MyCity Digital Content & Marketing Coordinator to develop the rich content for the platform and to engage with the varied audiences across Salford.
The appointment would report directly to the MyCity Manager of the project and would be based at The Landing having access to the wider resources within that technical hub.
We are looking for a creative person with energy and drive to make MyCity a success. She/He will need to have demonstrable marketing skills, especially in scenarios where there are multiple stakeholders. The role will require someone with the capabilities to generate and manage new content on a daily/weekly basis as well as to guide partners and stakeholders in the management of their messaging. MyCity will also contain significant user-generated content and the appointment will be expected to capitalise on this where appropriate, engage in trend analysis and provide reports for the MyCity Manager. Some experience of writing for and / or editing online content would be an advantage.
We are looking for a person with natural creative flair as well as a reasonable understanding of in-bound marketing techniques and opportunities to utilise existing social media channels to help grow the user-base for MyCity. The appointment would be involved in organising events and engaging with users of the site by way of email marketing. We will also welcome applications from graduates and new entries to the market based on skills and passion for the role.
We envisage this post as a maximum 36hrs per week, albeit with the ability to work on a flexible basis from time to time including some night or weekend hours during events.
Ideally you’ll have:
- Knowledge and skills in digital marketing techniques
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast moving environment with multiple stakeholders, businesses and residents
- Ability to use content platforms and other related web assets, including Google Analytics for reporting
- Ability to produce targeted engaging marketing content
- Good copywriting skills
- Passion for engaging with people and communities
- Knowledge and technical skill in the management of social media platforms
- Ability and understanding of how to work with designers
- Understanding of brand management
- Strong creative input that you utilise to maximum effect
- Excellent organisational skills, calm and determined manner
- Clear verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent people skills
Duties would include:
- Generating new content and targeting that content
- Supporting the execution of the MyCity Manager’s Marketing plan, from helping to organise events to writing copy for email campaigns
- Advocating the online brand of MyCity, ensuring it is adhered to across a user-generated site
- Monitoring the MyCity platform by way of Google Analytics, building reports and offering suggestions for future development based on evidence
- Enhancing the organic SEO of the MyCity platform by way of outreach strategies
- Creative input into user profiles and the evolution of MyCity
- Developing social media assets to grow the user-base for the platform
- Liaising with partner organisations and businesses in order to develop their profiles
- Preparing data and reports for the MyCity Board
The contract period for the post will be one year and reviewed thereafter.
How to Apply
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Those selected for interview will be contacted via email. If you haven’t heard from us in 3 weeks following your application, please assume that you have not been successful.
Closing date for applications is 1st March 2018