This course is a two day programme, running on 7th & 8th December 2017, 10am-5pm. Attendance to both days is required to secure a place however you will only need a ticket for the first day.
This 2-day workshop will guide small digital and technology businesses through the basics of why user experience (UX) is so important and the place of usability testing in product development, then quickly move you on to designing your own basic research project, testing it in a live environment and learning ways to analyse results. At the end of the 2 days you will be able to run your own UX testing for your products, and / or have greater understanding of how user research can be used and how best to engage research agencies to support your product optimisation.
About PRWD (15mins)
- Experiences in user research
- How user research fits within conversion optimization
Setting the scene (30mins)
- What is UX?
- What is user research?
- Common misconceptions
- The broader business benefits of user research
- The primary types of user research
- Pros and cons of moderated versus remote research
Case Studies of user research (30 mins)
- Schuh, Moss Bros., Kumon & MBNA
The strategic opportunity and importance of user research (90mins)
- Typical challenges for adoption
- What is customer centricity
- From talking the talk to walking the walk
- What underpins transformative conversion optimisation?
- Breaking down silos
- Influencing company DNA
The PRWD methodology for user research (3hrs)
- Step by step breakdown of the process (in lab setting)
Day 2: Day 1 recap (15mins)
The Role of the moderator (15mins)
Observation techniques and tools (20mins)
Post research activities and options (15mins)
Delegate live workshop (3.5hrs)
- Creating the scenarios and finalising the questions
- Moderating first session
- Post-session analysis
- Q&A with PRWD expert
- Identifying opportunities for improvement
A/B testing, UX Design & User Centered Design (20mins)
Experimentation culture (10mins)
Competitive advantage (10mins)
Additional resources from PRWD
This programme is fully funded by the European Regional Development Fund.
Please note that we can accept 1 application per eligible company. Eligibility criteria are:
- Annual turnover less than €50 million
- Balance sheet less than €43 million
- No other organisation may own more than 25% of the SME
- Greater Manchester Based
- 250 employees or less
- Company must not have attended another fully-funded 12 hour workshop programme provided by The Landing
Please drop us a message if you are unsure whether you fit the eligibility criteria.