The GCHQ Innovation Co-Lab – The application process is now closed. If you think your company meets the criteria then please email email@example.com and we will get back to you shortly.
Creating a positive impact through data science
GCHQ is a world-leading intelligence and security agency, with a mission to keep the UK safe. They use cutting-edge technology, technical ingenuity and wide-ranging partnerships to identify and analyse threats.
A unique collaboration between key sponsor GCHQ, The Landing and global tech accelerator UP Ventures has created the GCHQ Innovation Co-Lab. This 12-week accelerator is delivered through online workshops and is fully funded by GCHQ.
The aim of the GCHQ Innovation Co-Lab is to help develop you and your venture. There is no application or participation fee and there is no equity exchange with any partner
Why join the programme and what does it offer?
- Access to some of GCHQ’s world-class software engineers and technologists
- Tailored business and commercial mentorship
- Help with data integrity and scaling
- Help with the commercialisation of your product or service
- Showcase your offer to senior industry and investor leaders
- Utilise the networks of The Landing, MediaCity, and UP Ventures
- Benefit from outstanding brand association to stand out from the crowd
What problems would we like to solve?
Inconsistent or biased information misleads people and erodes public confidence in UK businesses and services. Data can be manipulated or falsified for the purpose of fraud, taking advantage of the most vulnerable in our society.
Our Co-Lab aims to find and grow companies with creative products based on data science, machine learning and AI techniques that have the potential to help communities and businesses.
Does your product address some of the key challenges we face:
- the need for greater trust in large-scale data use
- meaningful use of open source data
- Smart API services that bring together contextual interactions for organisations and businesses using multi-source and multi-format data at scale
- providing actionable insights to help power services that matter to communities and businesses across the country
What does the GCHQ Innovation Co-Lab involve?
It’s a 12-week Innovation Sprint where we will support your business to take your product or service to a new level. We want to help you make big breakthroughs and we’ll do that by providing you with unique access to GCHQ technologists, industry experts and dedicated coaches. The aim of the GCHQ Innovation Co-Lab is to help develop you and your venture. There is no application or participation fee and there is no equity exchange with any partner.
The programme does not offer a specific solution or product validation, or cybersecurity solution expertise or validation from GCHQ. For companies seeking to gain traction in the Cyber Security sector or seeking cybersecurity expertise, you should contact the NCSC-led Cyber Accelerator based in Cheltenham.
How is the programme delivered?
You will join a unique learning journey. We expect sessions will be delivered mostly online but, depending on guidance, we may include some in-person group workshops. You will benefit from:
- Structured online business mentoring sessions from a range of experts
- Access networks of local government providers, coaches, GCHQ experts
- Pilot your solutions and use a unique group learning experience to solve problems and test ideas.
- Call for entries 24th June
- Call closes
27th JulyEXTENDED to 31st July
- Interviews 3rd to 14th August
- Cohort announced WC 17th August
- 12-week programme commences WC 31st August
- Programme complete/Final Demo event 24th November
If you and your business could benefit from the GCHQ Co-Lab, and fit the criteria focus outlined above, then we would encourage you to apply! To submit your application please fill out our short form below.
The lead sponsor GCHQ and all delivery partners place a strong emphasis on the need for more diversity and inclusion in technology. Our content reflects this alongside considerations of ethical technology.
Programme sponsor: GCHQ
Delivery partners include: The Landing, UP Ventures