The Landing are delighted to be hosting FACT (Fuelling Ambition Creatively Together) Salford’s Hackathon on 22nd & 29th September, with seven local schools each sending 12 students to participate in a two-day business development event. All young people will be able to access further support to develop their idea after the event.
About FACT Salford’s Enterprise Programme
The pilot programme worked with Salford school Albion Academy, with an additional six local schools participating in the 2017/18 academic year. The project has 3 main components comprising:
- A two-day Hackathon at The Landing on 22nd and 29th September, sponsored by Barclays. 12 students from each school will attend, participating in a business development competition with additional support after the event to take their idea forward.
- A Business Academy with each school partnering with a strategic employer to provide young people with work experience, business opportunities and insights.
- Enterprise, Professionalism and Employability models provided to schools to enable them to embed links to enterprise and careers throughout the curriculum and extra-curricular activities.
How Your Business Can Get Involved
FACT are looking for businesses to support the enterprise project by:
- Providing a team member to offer students insights into your business
- Supporting a student project after the Hackathon
- Offering broader support to a participating school as an enterprise adviser
It’s bound to be a rewarding experience for you and your team, and you’ll see the impact first-hand as the young people develop new skills, gain confidence and get insight into the world of entrepreneurship.
FACT supports the GMCA ambition for young people to have more quality employer encounters, which research has shown is one of the key factors which supports young people to transition from education to employment successfully.
If you are able to offer support in any of the above ways, or would like to find out more about how to get involved, please email Deborah Blackburn, or speak to one of The Landing team who can put you in touch.
Enterprise Adviser Opportunity
Greater Manchester Combined Authority are seeking senior people from business to become Enterprise Advisers. This involves making a strong partnership with a specific school to provide strategic support to develop and enhance the schools careers education programme and help to develop young people who are better prepared for the world of work and beyond. This is in response to the drive to have a skilled future workforce across the labour market. If you are interested in finding out more please contact Sarah.email@example.com