— APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED —
The role will combine the attributes of both Product and Business management with the dual priorities of product integrity and evolution as well as outward facing engagement.
The MyCity Manager will be based at The Landing having access to the wider resources within that technical hub, and would report directly to the CEO of The Landing and the Project Lead for Salford City Council.
We are looking for a person with energy and drive to make MyCity a success. She/He will need to have excellent interpersonal skills to engage the multiple stakeholders for MyCity. Ideally She/He will have a background in marketing or project management and the capacity to work flexibly as the project demands. The role will require someone with natural energy, self organisation and flair as well as a reasonable understanding of the content management and implementation of digital platforms.
Using analytics and data alongside your ideas and passion for improving users’ experience, your focus will be mobile-first, clear, concise and wholly geared towards the user. This role will include research, evaluation and report on all aspects of content delivery, from complex customer journeys of topics and audiences, through to individual pages and transactions.
We envisage this post as a maximum 36hrs per week, albeit with the ability to work on a flexible basis from time to time including some night or weekend hours during events.
Ideally you’ll have:
• Experience in marketing, technology, and/or project/account management
• Ability to work in a dynamic, fast moving environment with multiple stakeholders, businesses and residents.
• Significant experience and success in the following areas: communications, customer service, marketing
• Understanding / experience of contract and procurement management.
• Experience using content platforms and other related web assets
• Experience managing and delivering quality events and associated services
• Experience of working alone or with others to gather a variety of evidences of impact: case studies, testimonials, references, evaluation
• Passion for helping people, building communities, taking pride in both a job well done and contributing positively to our communities
• Sales experience / Ability to engage effectively through a range of mediums: face to face, phone, email; and to engage effectively on social media platforms
• Proven ability to build a company’s profile and presence.
• Experience managing communication channels including social media, PR and marketing materials – from generating and receiving enquiries, through to service delivery.
• Ability to spot, rationalise and prioritise ideas for improvements and new business opportunities, and to implement the best and successfully generating new business
• Strong regional networks that you utilise to maximum effect.
• Excellent organisational skills, calm and determined manner
• Clear verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent people skills
Duties would include:
– being the lead and first point-of-contact for the MyCity Salford platform
– developing a marketing plan to grow the user-base for the platform
– developing and delivering a business engagement strategy
– presenting MyCity Salford at events and steering groups
– liaising with partner organisations and technical support
– overseeing all content and user profiling
– preparing data and reports for the MyCity Board
The contract period for the post will be one year and reviewed thereafter.
— APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED —