Leading professional partners join forces to help, advise and mentor fast growing tech scale-ups in new co-working space
The Landing, MediaCityUK’s tech and digital enterprise hub, has revealed details of its network of advisory partners that will support scale-up businesses based in its new Launch co-working space.
Around 20 professional advisers, drawn from across the corporate and commercial services landscape, have been selected to share skills and know-how to Launch-based companies through a series of regular workshops, masterclasses, drop-in clinics, and one-to-one mentoring.
The partner support network and services will include:
- Legal expertise, including IP and employment law, will be provided by Brabners and Slater Gordon, while financial services advice, such as insurance and accounting, will be delivered by Risk Box and Burton Beavan
- Investment and banking support from Barclays, Crowdcube, and a number of private investors including Accelerated Digital Ventures (ADV)
- Business planning from There Be Giants, with sales, PR and marketing strategy being delivered from The Sales Way, Digital Media Stream and Galibier PR
- Recruitment guidance, covering the employment and development of sales personnel, technical staff and board members will be given by Auburn Rose and Complete Resourcing, while internal HR and talent development advice will come from CLOS Consultancy
- Technology and infrastructure planning will be provided by the technical arm of CLOS consultancy, alongside Amazon Web Services and Vespertec.
The Landing also anticipate several additional specialists and consultants will join the advisory network, to focus on The Landing’s specific areas of technology expertise including Virtual and Augmented Reality, the Internet of Things and HealthTech.
Many of the partners will also collaborate on company-specific projects to address a particular business issue which is holding a certain firm back.
Maya Dibley, Head of Programmes and Partnerships at The Landing, said: “When we were planning Launch last year we went out and asked scale-up companies and tech entrepreneurs what they needed from a co-working environment, beyond just a well-designed space to do business from with great amenities and connectivity.
“They told us having access to the best, and most current, commercial advice and professional support across a wide range of disciplines and services was a key driver for growth, and that often they faced barriers which were inter-related, so having one advisor in one sector was often not much help. That’s why we’ve worked hard to recruit a high-quality mix of skills and experience for this initiative.”
Steve Kuncewicz, a Principal Lawyer at Slater Gordon who specialises in media and IP, said: “We were delighted to have been asked by The Landing to join this amazing network of advisers and specialists. We are all committed to supporting early-stage businesses in the North West, as that benefits all of us as part of a thriving regional economy.
“Clearly, we also all hope that as and when some of these fledgling businesses start to grow we will get the opportunity to work with them on a more regular and retained basis, but primarily we think it’s simply good business to offer advice and guidance to innovative and ambitious companies looking to scale-up.”
Shu-Ling Li, The Landing’s Community Manager who runs the Launch co-working space said:
“Through this hand-picked group of leading industry experts and consultants The Landing is taking a holistic approach to solving client problems. We are tasking everyone is this new business partner network to break out of traditional silos, and work together to tackle issues which are both complex and interdependent.”
In addition to the business advice network companies which qualify to be based at the Launch co-working space also get access to its UX testing labs and the Eagle Lab Maker Studio (which is sponsored by Barclays).
They also get access to the On The 7th exclusive bar and lounge and all of the Landing’s other workspaces and facilities.
For more details of Launch at The Landing visit thelanding.org.uk